Why so negative?


As I sit here in physics class hoping I passed the test I just took, I am trying to prepare what I'm going to say during FCA today.


Walking around the halls here at Jefferson is crazy. No joke. One of the many things that has been bugging me to no end is the problem of swearing and using my God's name like it's just another word in a sentence.


But it's not just the swearing in general from everybody. It's the people the call themselves Christians and then turn around and start swearing. That's what gets my chicken. Why do you have to revert to such negative words in your sentences if you have supposedly recieved the joy of the Holy Spirit? I just don't get it, I guess.


Check out some of these verses that deal with speaking rightly...

Proverbs 10:11,13,18-21; 12:13; 14:3; 1 Peter 2:15; Ephesians 4:29; 5:4; Romans 16:17-18


Watch your mouth today and if you have no problem with this, keep on the straight and narrow, Christian.


Be blessed.

-sam
Song of the day: What if I Stumble by dc Talk

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I read this during chem today like literally five seconds after hearing someone take the name of the Lord in vain. And it didnt even seem to phase anyone other than my lab partner and I... Its sad how numb we become to it...

kj said...

I get the importance of being steadfast in all aspects of life, and I realize that language is one of the easiest things to reform to follow Jesus’ example, but please do not judge the faiths of others based on what is overheard in passing