Thanks!

This post is dedicated to the friends who are there for you NO MATTER WHAT!

I just got back from the worst track meet in history. It was about 45 degrees and a drizzling rain that just made life miserable. I was optimistic at first, thinking to myself that I could just suffer through the cold and still have a good showing. But optimism flew in the wind as I received a 12.5 inch bloody mess on my right shin (yes i actually measured it), gladly given from a deeply disturbed hurdle. It definitely made me feel better when a few of my friends had to scream to everyone at the meet to "watch out for the injured kid!" and "Hey everyone! Look at this kid's leg!". My scraped up shin was a perfect symbol for how the day went. I had terrible times in the 2 hurdle events and terrible distances in the 2 jumping events.

And then I got home and was quick to realize I had a true friend there for me no matter how bad I did or how depressed I was.

I was at home, sulking in my sorrow for a couple of hours and sure enough she texted me to cheer me up. We both talked about how bad our day of sports were but the difference between us was that I was still sulking and she tried nonstop to cheer me up. Her positive words and good heart inspired me to get off my butt and write this blog to simply say, thank you. "Thank you" is a term thrown around pretty loosely these days but this one has a ton of meaning. I know I make fun at her for not being able to stir hot chocolate but she has so much skill in everything she does that it just makes everyone else look foolish. I'm thankful that I get to wake up everyday and see her and I believe that God has huge plans for her. I just can't wait to see her live up to His plan. Friends are out there whether you see them or not.......sometimes you just have to open your eyes.
---Joe---

0 comments: