Love for all...


Starting off, I'm not sure whether to be embarrassed or indifferent but this morning I broke out some Owl City on my iPod. I was just in the mood I guess. It was amazing when it first came out but then got overplayed I think. So every so often it's kinda cool to listen to again.

Anyway, I was told that there was a request to speak on the topic of homosexual discrimination in school. Each of us will be giving our opinions and perspectives pertaining to this topic in the next couple posts. Here we go...

I believe homosexuality is a sin. Before you jump on my case, read this...


It has everything. Take time to read all if not some of it. It's kind of long but skim through the different sections.

But with that being said, we should not treat homosexuals any different than the murderer in prison or the business man walking down the street. We should still love them. We are all sinners here on earth, but the difference is that some have accepted the gift that God has given us. That is salvation from our sins.

We shouldn't judge people because of how they act. When I say judge, I mean don't judge people as to whether they are going to Heaven or hell. But instead loving them for who they are. At the given time, there may be a point where you point out a person's wrongdoing according to the Bible. I believe that's ok because the Bible says that, "As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another." We are supposed to help each other out, in love. That's a big deal that you do it in love.

I heard a saying once that said this, "God loves you just the way you are, but He loves too much to stay that way." I love that.

So that's my perspective on it. I don't expect you to agree with me. I understand that there will be opposition. But I think that link will help. Please don't be afraid to approach me about it, but do so respectively and in love. I appreciate it.


Be blessed and love somebody you don't normally today.
-sam

Song of the Day: How He Loves by David Crowder*Band

2 comments:

Sarah said...

good post sam, I agree ;)

Anonymous said...

I agree with you too! :) Nice post!