Mom


It's pretty obvious what today is.

It's Mothers Day.

I'm glad I have a blog to express things to my Mom. Especially when she is gone doing Mom type stuff and I can't say it say it. Truth be told I miss her right now.

I would find great difficulty in thanking my Mom for everything with mere words. I wish she was in town so we could catch another chick flick this year. It would be hard to be last years hit "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past"

Actually typing this right now, despite the broken apart thoughts and what not. Just thinking about everything my Mom has done for me amazes me. Went through a "C-Section" just to get me into this earth, pulled off a single working mom of two-three children for a couple years. (taking a break to get pizza.....ok back) After re-marrying and settling down into a groove, She continued to amaze. Raising four kids, two well actually make that three teen/preteens and rockin it. No doubt flaws involved. Refusal to answer her phone, and scarce use of AMAZING baking ability. But this isn't about flaws.

This is recognition of a role model.

My Mom continues to astound me with one simple fact about herself.

She never quits.

Still under the hill, my Mom has started her own business. Twice. She has never backed down from a challenge. Constantly inspiring me and pressuring me to live how I want to live. Allowing me to go through life without a map, but still with the bowling ally bumpers provided by her and my dad so I don't get in the gutters. Not to mention a Mom that has helped me through two sets of friendships that fell through. Along with putting up with me, granted I can be one of the harshest, most critical people you can meet. On a bad day.

Although I could never put my appreciation for her into words. I can firmly say that I have met Moms. I know a few of them actually. I don't mean to offend any other Moms out there. You all deserve today, but I have to say it: My Mom is the best.

Bar Nun

I will go to college with her and make jokes with her any day. Even if it means I have to endure some of her "lame" jokes. Essentially this post is for you Mom. It echos for every Mom that reads this no doubt, but my Mom is the primary inspiration for this as well as someone that I will do my best to visit on breaks from school. No matter how much I don't feel like it.

This one's for you Mom

I love you

ø Connor ø

1 comments:

Mark Campbell said...

Mothers NEVER Quit Connor....Your Mother has a great Son.