Thought(s) of the Day


Sorry followers. In response to my lack of blogging, that is. I'm not sure why I haven't been feeling it. No matter. Here I am. So here goes.

A couple things that have run across my brain in the past couple days:

I was talking with John Amundson the other day about all stuff John Piper (a super solid preacher. Look him up) and we were talking about a couple of his books. I'm currently reading "Desiring God" and John A is reading "When I Don't Desire God." The thing both of them are writing about is that God is most glorified when we are full of joy for Him. Which is a crazy thought. God is most glorified when we are giving Him praise and taking joy in Him. Think about that.

Second thought: I heard this quote a while back and I was very surprised to find out that Rob Bell said it. I was watching the Nooma video entitled "You." Here it is.

God loves you just the way you are. But He loves you way too much to keep you that way.

I love it.

Third and final thought: I've been reading "Mere Christianity" also and I've rediscovered something.

I love C.S. Lewis.

I share in Connor's enthusiasm about him and I see that Lewis really was a revolutionary. Something that he was talking about last chapter was that there is a Law of Nature for humans. He calls it the Law of Right and Wrong, too. He uses those terms interchangeably. And he raises the point that deep down humans have a sense of right and wrong. No matter where they were raised. But he also talks about this want in society act in "descent behavior", as he calls it. So if we want that there has to be a right and there has to be a wrong. Absolutes.

I know that's a lot to take in but take what you need from it.

Be blessed shakers,
-sam
Song of the Day: Hold my Heart by Tenth Avenue North

0 comments: