Renewal


Its another night before working overnight...

I get the privilege to take a good friend of mine to Prom tomorrow in Staples/Motley. Actually I'm really stoked. I think this blog may end up being a shout out/calling to arms (not the violent kind....violence is useless. the kind that brings readers to attention). This one's for her and all other ladies.

Little background on my friend. We go like waaaaaaaaay back, to camp even (yes, a lot I do concerns camp, I'll actually be blogging there all summer =D) It was easily like 4th or 5th grade. With the preteen bubbles and summer wind blowing them throughout the island it was a good summer.

To the point now. It was just after playing a game and I was sitting with my buddies and we were talking, about her of course, (she's absolutely amazing and beautiful you see) when lo and behold I hear it in the distance "Connor, Connor". It was one of those double takes where its too good to be true. It can't be happening. Somebody is talking to dorky little Connor Blacksher, let alone a girl. (trust me, dorky is an understatement.) Long story short, we danced at a camp dance later that week. I was shaking, butterflies going nuts. These were butterflies that drank a full pot of coffee apparently.

Something about her though, she's just too cool. We've actually stayed good friends to this day. Every summer bumping into each other, strangely no matter what. She saw me after an absolutely dreadful breakup in Orlando at the National Youth Gathering. I didn't want to even think about smiling, but I couldn't help it when I saw her playing four-square in the big gym area they had set up. Then with the announcement that we would be going to the same Concordia University, St. Paul together. I couldn't hold back my joy. It's going to be good to spend some time with someone I get to see so little typically and actually do best friend things. So basically I love her like she's my sister. (thats agape love =D, I will hit you all up with another post on love during the summer)

Which brings us up to prom. I was more than enthusiastic to go to prom with her. It was one of those out of the blue things that she apologizes for (don't, I loved the random call). I still don't know why I didn't go to my schools prom, but that ship has sailed. I'm actually really excited for this. Tux on the table, flowers ready to be picked up. Car washed and such.

I'm not actually sure where to go next in this process that I'm trying to describe. I suppose my wish for all gentlemen (and hopefully all men will be gentlemen someday) is that they take care of their respective ladies. Which does mean you can go to dances. Don't get me wrong, I cannot stand the bumping and grinding, is it rape? I think it has to be somehow...(sorry if I'm offending all you bumpers and grinders, its just now how I slide) but hiding at dances because there is bumping and grinding is not setting the example people need to see. If anything it's a feeble attempt to shelter yourself from the world rather than trying to change it through actions. Additionally my dance mooves are exclusively goofball and ridiculous. Which means I should get back to my earlier point. Take care of females. They are a notch above and deserve such treatment. I heard a joke that goes like this:

"What did God say after creating Adam?"
(What?)
"I can do better"

I'm not surprised in saying He did. Also right now I'm listening to "Lindsay Quit Lollygagging" by Chiodos, heres a little excerpt from the song

"I bite my tongue another perfect time
I'd do anything to make her happy,
Even if it means my being miserable as long as she's loving life
I will be able to sleep at night, with a smile upon her face"

Interpret that how you may, I think this calls out to Gentlemen out there ( I use the term Gentleman in description of a true Gentleman that would do anything for the benefit of his significant other, for acting in a proper manner he deserves a proper term) to continue in the never ending process of giving selflessly of yourselves, no matter how much it may stink.

It took me this far into my post to realize that Joe usually covers the gentleman lessons. Sorry Joe I guest starred on this one. The Gentleman lessons will be put back to Joe and still are his. Just a reminder to Gentlemen that it is worth it. You will be able to sleep at night with a smile on her face. Ladies, don't settle. Find a Gentleman, they are out there, and trust me they get lonely and need someone that they can make smile and make happy.

Much love to all our readers. It sounds cliche and rockstar but its truth

You guys and gals are a big reason I write. (I assure you all its the same for my fellow shakers, but I'm speaking for myself)

As always
Much love

ø Connor ø

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Great Post connor! Hope prom was a blast!